Now it’s that time of the year when we are all rushed off our feet getting those very special presents for our loved ones, finishing off numerous projects before year-end and making last-minute holiday and social calendar plans. As for me, in addition to sending and receiving season’s greeting cards and attending numerous end-of-year parties, this week I also managed to sneak in a TV interview on sustainable luxury (more on that soon) and to update The Green Stilettos List with 10 more entries!
I also wrote my Christmas wishlist. Truth be told, I have already treated myself to one of its items which will hopefully find its way under the Christmas tree very soon. By and by, the choice of Christmas tree itself is a big sustainability dilemma, with the arguments for real versus artificial trees still going strong. Here is a particularly informative article from Huffington Post.
So here they are, my top five Christmas picks:
1. Les Racines du Ciel‘s lacquered silk and alpaca/merino jumper to keep me warm and sustainably stylish this winter.
2. Stella McCartney’s Eco-Clutch (and just about every other one of her clutches and tote bags!)
3. ‘Our Love Will Bloom’ ring made from 100% recycled silver by fair trade jewellery brand CRED.
4. Upcycled jerkin by Le Loup Philosophe made from discarded sheepskin coats that are re-tanned and hand-embroidered in France.
5. And finally! Sculpted blazer by Maiyet from its pre-fall 2013 collection.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas!